eros

Thursday, April 1, 2010


You told me about a house
on the beach

you once saw on an August day. .

and I,
imagined how nice it would be
for our kids to run around the shore..
the waves kissing their toes..
the zephyr wind blowing my hair
and you.. standing next to me..
holding my hand..
overlooking the sea.

I waited at the shore

while the ebbing tide
caresses my toes..
imagining how it felt
to live
in the sea
for days...
weeks
.. months..years..
imagining how to live with music

of the rushing tides..
picking up shells on lazy afternoons...
imagining living
with you.

would we ever grow tired

of watching the sea
meet the sky..
would we ever fear the tides
when it rises..
attempting to wash away our home

hopes.. dreams..
would our hearts be weathered

by the tossing of the waves

or grow restless
upon hearing the
howling of the wind
and rising of the tides..?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LNA empty streets